Just over 3 weeks ago my boys were diagnosed with moderate to severe autism. Some days are foggy, some filled with tears, others with anger, most with distrust of someone, constant disappointment in government, understanding but not acceptance of people in our lives that we have told yet they are avoiding us. I get that last part. This is hugely life altering. Do we have to give up on our dreams? Their lives are simple compared to this. We all have our problems and want to escape from them, why talk to Holly when if you ask how she is, she tells you the truth. I get the fear that must well up when you realize that autism occurs in 1 in 100 births and you don't want to see her kids in case you see some of the same traits in your own child ... or future children ....
H
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have you seen the movie “Miracle Run”? It's about twin brothers who have autism. I saw it recently on the Lifetime Movie Network ... I was very moved by the show. I wish you and your family all the best.
Post a Comment